Well yes actually, it is all about me.

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Nick!

So, just came out of my meeting with Derrek, my novel tutor, and got some good feedback. He was pleased with my pace and synopsis but said I tend to repeat some sentence structures and styles, so that's something I need to look out for. He was also saying that in general people need to evaluate everything they're writing to make sure that it's moving the story along, which was kind of comforting. I feel like I have to write descriptions of places and things like that, really lengthy colourful ones, but having spoken to old D today I realised these might not always be neccessary. I know I'll need to use some physical descriptions, but using lots will just slow things down. So feeling quite peaceful so far today and looking forward to getting on with features later.

Right, I'm off into town now with the following written on the back of my hand:
Nick!
Toothbrush
Attitude
Tesco!

It's all very cryptic.

xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home