Well yes actually, it is all about me.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I feel like some sort of action figure that the elastic's gone in. Not nice.

So, today was my long day. Started at 9am and finished at 4pm. I know it doesn't sound that long and it's no longer than a paid working day, but taking so much in in rooms with no windows takes its toll. I felt like I had no air all day so refused a lift home from the bar with Frea so I can walk back in the very fresh and wet air. Anyway, today was great. I am feeling a lot more confident about my novel idea having spoken to the others about where they are at in terms of words and ideas and it seems we are all pretty much in the same semi-comatose state of fear.

It was funny, today I saw this girl in a really nice skirt but a horrible, nasty top. She could have looked really nice had she chosen something else to wear instead but didn't. It made me think about when you know someone who has something wrong with them like bad breath or body odour. I never say anything if someone suffers from something like that, when I probably should; for their sakes and everyone else's. I wonder if that's being over polite or not polite enough. Whenever I feel like I reek after a night out I always make sure I tell everyone, 'I smell awful, I haven't been home/woke up when I should have been here/lost all sense of time.' I would rather people knew that I knew that I smelt bad than have them talking about it behind my back as if I didn't know. Does that make sense? I think so.

Anyway, so tonight I am Frea bound to watch Legally Blonde. The people on the TV course have to watch it because it follows this story structure that we have learnt perfectly. I'm just going along for a jolly! I think it's for the best. Plus, I have had such a mind blasting day today that I know I won't get too much done at home. I want to get some research done into selling short stories and also, I want to write a column for a magazine so I need to look into that. I'm really desperate to get stuff published soon and have been giving myself a hard time about my time management since handing my work in last month. I feel as if I have been a bit slack but, in my defence, I have been doing a lot of reading. Also, I am trying to get myself into a new routine of getting up earlier and having a full day and going to the gym more. Though saying that I went yesterday and I think I might have pushed myself too hard because I can't stretch my arms out straight. That's a bit worrying. I feel like some sort of action figure that the elastic's gone in. Not nice.

Bit anxious at the moment about my housemate. As anxious as you can be about someone you're not too keen on anyway. The last time I saw her was on Thursday I think and my other housemate hasn't seen her since Saturday and she was meant to be in class yesterday. But she always does this, disappears for about five days then comes back and says, 'Oh, sorry I meant to leave a note.' I don't think we have anything to worry about but it might be nice if she let us know what she was doing so we didn't have to think about it. Still, she had a shitty week last week. She was driving to her shift at the radio station and her car came off the road. She called the police and they told her to leave the car where it was, because the roads were so icy. So she did. In the morning they called her to say that the car had been broken into and all her stuff had been stolen. Not good. But it doesn't make me like her anymore. I know that makes me sound awful but you have to bear in mind that this is the girl who can't hold a conversation about anything but herself, never does anything in the house to help out, can't wash up, wakes me up in the mornings storming down the house with lead legs and often forgets to lock the front door. And those are her good points. No, I'm joking (only about the last bit). She's hard work.

It's so weird, I can normally find something in everyone that I like and can usually get on with most people. But with her, I literally find myself gritting my teeth when she's talking. I can't stand it. Everything has to come back to her and how hard her life is. It's like, 'I'm not interested, go away or get drunk.'

Anyway, enough of that. I think I needed to get it off my chest. So, on that note I'm heading home.

xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home