Well yes actually, it is all about me.

Monday, February 12, 2007

Karma came round and pushed me in the mud with a smug look on its face.

Well, another weekend flew by and was in parts productive and in parts very drunk. So that's good. I managed to get that feature on morals finished and emailed across but struggled with it to be honest. I think it's because it's a different writing voice to fiction which I have mostly been writing recently.

Anyway, so on Friday I went out for my friend Ryan's birthday which was a nice evening. APART FROM, when I was walking home I was running very late. There's a short cut down the campus which is a muddy, steep slope. I never, I repeat NEVER usually use this route because I KNOW that I will slip and end up caked in mud. But, needs must so I walked down and slipped a bit so, to compensate, I did that sort of jog thing when you stumble. Then seconds later I was flat on my back in the mud with wet in my sleeves and up my back. I did that thing where you look around really quickly to check no-one saw and then carried on my way. Luckily no-one did see. But I'm sure many saw my mud stained trousers and bag on my shame soaked trek home. On my way back I called my friend Moira because about six years ago when we were studying our undergrad course, a similar thing happened to her and I couldn't stop laughing at her misfortune. We were walking past our friend Amy's room in halls and were calling her name. Moira started walking up a muddy bank shouting, 'Amy! Amy! Amy!' and then fell face first in the mud. I laughed and laughed. But now I have had my comeupance. Karma came round and pushed me in the mud with a smug look on its face. Hmph.


But it doesn't end there! I got home and thought, 'Well, I should rinse the clothes before I throw them into the washing machine,' so lent over the bath to wash them off. Our shower/bath is one of those with a lever to differentiate between the two. So, in my hurry, I turned on the tap quickly and ended up with my head soaked from the shower. It was like a Mr Bean sketch. Horrible and not funny in the 90s, let alone now in 2007. Still, I saw the funny side which I think you have to in situations like this else you'd never leave the house.

So after Friday I spent Saturday doing a bit of work and reading books and then went to a panto in the pub at the Seven Stars down the road. It was Jack and the Beanstalk and was really good fun. The West Country Golden Goose was particularly amazing. We ended up getting locked in and not leaving until 2am. I woke up with a mouth as dry as sand and then lay in bed watching my DVD of the Royle Family (this was the less productive part of the weekend) before forcing myself out of bed and struggling with my feature.

So that's that. Just come out of the gym and am really pleased with myself because I pushed myself a little harder and have set myself new goals.

Right, now I'm going to head into town with Frea and then home to get something to eat.

xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home