Well yes actually, it is all about me.

Sunday, December 10, 2006

The only thing I lost was my earring.

I did well; I wasn't sick on Thursday night and I wasn't sick on Friday night. In fact on both occasions I was far from being the drunkest person at the party; by quite a long shot. Anyway, so Thursday night was a really nice evening. Everyone from my course went out for dinner and then for a bit of a dance which was lovely. I think the best thing about nights out with large groups of people is spending time with people you don't normally sit with and talk to. I love the feeling after a night like that where you feel you have made a step towards a new friendship with someone, really nice.

Anyway, I woke up on Friday feeling a bit ropey and had stupidly made an appointment to get my hair cut at 10am so I had to ring the hairdressers and say something had come up and that it would be nearer 11am before I would make an appearance. I didn't think about it but I hadn't spoken a word before I rang them so had that hangover mouth which meant when I spoke I sounded like someone speaking from the other side. Not nice. But I managed to make it down and have had the hair cut and it looks a lot more presentable.

There's something about having my cut that I don't like though. I think it's the forced conversation and having to make small talk with someone you don't know. I find it a bit stressful because you're kind of trapped and the conversation is limited to say the least. I mean, what is hairdresser etiquette? What should you talk about and what shouldn't you? I expect hairdressers hear some great things; it must be a position of privilege into the insights of others. Maybe next time I go I'll be decidely inappropriate and spill out loads of personal information and see what happens; loud enough for everyone to hear obviously. I mean, what's the worst that can happen? They can't just tell you to shut up can they? Maybe they can actually. I'll let you know...

So anyway, I left for Bristol at about 2pm and the journey went without a hitch.I then went to Averys, where I used to work, and said hello to some friends. This was really nice but a bit strange since I haven't been gone all that long but long enough to miss some people. I felt a bit odd wandering around because there were new people I hadn't met yet and they must have thought I was acting like some Z-list celeb doing some weird PA. Ah well. So after that I went back to my friend Olive's house and we got dressed up: me a pirate, her a wench, respectively. Then off to the party which was really good. I even managed to hold onto all the different pirate accessories I had gone out with. Oh, except the earring but that's no great loss. Well losing any of it wouldn't have been too distressing to be honest.

So there we have it. Yesterday was great having spent the afternoon with my friend James who is really happy at the moment and with my Mum too. Even though she beat me at Scrabble. By quite a lot too. And today has been nice. I stayed at my boyfriends last night and cooked dinner together but I couldn't eat much; I hadn't eaten all day yesterday and went beyond hungry into hollow-and-will-die-if-eat-anything mode. I managed one sausage, a piece of brocolli and some mash but then had to get up and have a bit of a walk around because I felt a bit ropey. Felt OK this morning though and caught up with another friend Legs which was nice. And now I am at my parents house which feels like an oven in comparison to the fridge like house I have in Cornwall. It's kind of nice but a little stifling too.

Anyway, I am going to call it a day for now and write again soon.

xx

1 Comments:

Blogger miss-cellany said...

Liam, why do you have no comments yet? I have seen one blog entry with 26 comments and it was not even really that interesting to start with - appaarently said blogger is rumoured to comment himself, but that is not the point.
I think that you should have lots of comments, and so I will start..
I loved reading your blog, you've done that magic thing where I can hear your voice as I read.Love all the links to different articles too.
I feel very lazy as you have been so diligent. Full respect to you for that because it has been a busy busy term. However, thanks to you I am now inspired write so much more in mine.
Hope you read this
x

12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home