Well yes actually, it is all about me.

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Even the drive down was nice.

Oh my God, the weekend was so nice. I could go back and do it all over again (but not go in the sea with my sunglasses).

I went camping over at St Minver with Olive, Gemma and some of their friends and had the nicest time. It was so relaxing not to be thinking of anything work related, and while I took my essay with me, it didn't move once from the boot of my car. I think I needed to get away for a little bit. I've spent the last coupld of weeks making really fine tweaks to my work, and I was going a little bit mad. A weekend away was just what the doctor ordered.

I realised that I'm quite easily pleased on the weekend. I was walking back from the shower blocks and was just really content. The night before we'd had a campfire and barbeque and just chatted out under the stars. It was so nice. My family always used to take us camping when we were younger, so I think I got a taste for it then, but I haven't been much since I've been old enough to go on my own, and I think I really like it. I'm going to get a tent, so then I feel guilt tripped into going more often.

Even the drive down was nice. It took me an extra hour, because I got lost, but it was gorgeous weather and the radio was playing great summery music and the scenerey was stunning along the coast: it was perfect.

And now I only have a week left before hand in, well, less than a week. It all needs to be in on Friday, but I'm up together and feeling good. Of course, it doesn't end on Friday. If I want this novel to get published, which I do, I have to carry on the hard work, but I'm aiming for a first draft by the end of February. Need to find a job though, which could be difficult. My stipulations are that it has to be walkable and part-time. Still, I'm applying to a job at the campus library, so that would be good.

Anyway, this is rambling and rubbish, so I'm going back to work.

xx

1 Comments:

Blogger Jacqui said...

I went to primary school at St Minver. If you camp there again give me a shout and I can pop over and see you, as its only 5 miles away from where I live. That weekend I was also camping and it was the first weekend I camped without rain and mud.
I hope you got your MA in ok and are feeling less stressed now.Good luck with job hunting.
lol
Jacqui x

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home