Well yes actually, it is all about me.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

After about an hour I called the bank and put a stop on it, convinced it was going to fall into a ne'er do well's hands.

Just when you think everything's going swimmingly, someone pisses in the pool beside you. That's not to be taken literally (this time at least), but I was feeling really on top of things until the beginning of this week. I'm putting it down to the fact that I've just moved house, but I'm feeling like things might have got a bit much all of a sudden. I looked over my work last night and can see so much wrong with it that it's a bit overwhelming. Still, at least it's there to be knocked into shape I guess.

To add to stress though, I had a flap last night at the thought I might have lost a cheque for over a grand that I wrote to myself. Not a nice feeling. 'It mist be in my wallet,' I thought, and rustled through receipts for drinks I can't remember buying and some I wish I could forget. Not a nice feeling. It wasn't anywhere to be found. 'Maybe it's in the car,' I rushed out. Not there either. 'Maybe it's in one of my bags?' No, not there either. Now, is it just me or when you lose something do you even look in places it just wouldn't be. I even looked in a bag that I haven't used since I moved here. Nowhere to be found. After about an hour I called the bank and put a stop on it, convinced it was going to fall into a ne'er do well's hands.

I found it this morning in the first place I looked, wrapped in between two twenty pound notes. Isn't that the dirtiest thing? Sick. Still, at least I know where it is: torn up in my bin with a busted lightbulb. The best place for it.

So, what with that mild panic and the fact I've got three deadlines for the end of the week (two of which I made myself), I'm feeling a little on edge and whenever I sit down to do work find myself fidgetting, unable to focus on what I'm doing and thinking instead about what else I need to do. And then nothing gets done, does it? Still, I have the basis of my essay done, and the profile I'm writing for the magazine, but everything feels a bit half-done. I guess that's just the way things go though, isn't it?

Right, I'm going to get back to work.

xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home