Well yes actually, it is all about me.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

I look like a sausage that someone left on the grill and forgot about.

The sun has come out again. It's good news for everyone, except the angry parents on the beach who, for practically the whole time I was there, were shouting at their kids, 'DON'T EAT YOUR SANDWICH THERE,' 'MOVE TO THE RIGHT,' 'DON'T WAVE YOUR SPADE LIKE THAT.'

So, that added to the relaxation of being in the sun about as much as being burnt all down my right hand side. I look like a sausage that someone left on the grill and forgot about. It's horrible. I texted Ian last night to alert him of my frazzled state and was told to be lobster red all over by the end of the week. I think he thought I was being quite half-hearted about the whole thing.

But I'm staying out of the sun today to get some more work done. I'm really happy with my Chapter One and the majority of Chapter Two, but I need to write a scene into it that I'm delaying doing because I know it will be difficult. I'm biting the bullet today though and spending one of my two hour stints writing a rough draft of that, then going out in the sun to edit it. It sounds like a plan because it is one! Whoop!

Oh, and the latest in my being able to concentrate involves putting in earplugs but also having classical music on at the same time. There's something about the earplugs that works wonders, and for some reason I can't listen to music with lyrics while I'm working. Why don't I just wear headphones? That doesn't work either. It's bizarre, I know, but it's doing the trick.

xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home