Well yes actually, it is all about me.

Sunday, July 22, 2007

A dog on heat does not have much fun.

A dog on heat does not have much fun. That's the lesson I've learnt this week living with Tia who's presently in her second season. She looks so confused by everything that's going on. And she's meeting her boyfriend tomorrow for 'the deed.' It was arranged by each dog's respective owner. No dinner, no dates, just straight into the bedroom/garden (not sure where it will take place). Who says romance is dead?

So, other than that, this week has been peaks and troughs in terms of productivity. I had a bit of a flap on Wednesday I think since, living with Kath who has millions of writing books, I keep picking them up and panicking that I'm not doing some of the things they strongly advise. So I called Sam, my tutor, and he put me back on track, which is great because now I'm really happy with what I've got. My first chapter has really come along, the second is completely all over the place and the third, well, that's best looked at through fingers. But it's the early stages and the main thing is that I've got the bare bones to build the body on. There's a nice thought.

The weekend has been really good. I went out for drinks on Friday night and last night after spending the day working and editing. Jenny and Kai came over for dinner and then we went to the pub, practically at the end of my road. Getting there was fine, but I got a bit lost with Ryan and Duncan on the way back. It took about fifteen minutes as opposed to the five it took us to get there. But it was a lovely evening.

Today I went with Kath to Pendennis Castle to walk the dog. It's kind of crazy going around with a dog. People always stop and talk. To the dog first, then to the humans. As soon as we got out of the car, some woman was saying, 'She's lovely, isn't she?'Then, as we walked around, everyone who had a dog stopped for a chat and we all swapped stats: Ýes, she's two, yes she's on heat. Yes, she's lovely.'

I said to Kath after, it's kind of nice how people get talking about the dogs and she told me that she only knows some people because of their dogs. She knows the dog's name, but not the human's, only as 'Millie's owner.' How funny.

Anyway, I'm going to pull my lower lip over my head if I don't eat something soon. All I've had eat today is a bit of last nights leftovers and four doughnuts. Yes, four. I'm very ashamed.

xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home