Well yes actually, it is all about me.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

I honestly would have dropped down dead.

God, I am so tired. I have no idea why either. I haven't been over-exerting myself by any stretch of the imagination but I feel like if I close my eyes for two minutes I will wake up again tomorrow.

Last night I went to The Mall with my Mum for Christmas shopping. Ugh, it was so busy it was ridiculous and so many rough looking people. When we were walking in, there were this couple of girls behind us with potty mouths to put it mildly. I turned around and saw that they were walking with a child of about 8. Isn't that nice to grow up around?

Anyway, I managed to get quite a bit done but we didn't leave until about 9.30pm which was pretty sick. It was open till 10pm but if I had stayed a moment longer I honestly would have dropped down dead. It's such a stressy time of year and everyone looks so despairing wandering from one shop to the next with a glazed over expression that reads, 'Must buy, must buy, must buy.' Waterstones was one of the best places to be yesterday for stress levels. I was queueing at the enquiries desk; the queue was pretty long and every now and then the woman in front of me kept turning around, huffing and rolling her eyes. She was doing that thing when you're trying to prompt someone else to start a conversation, so she was trying to make me say, 'Oh it's busy in here isn't it/they should have more staff/I hate Christmas,' etc. But I was wise to her game so just stared blankly ahead. Do you know what I mean though? When you're in that kind of situation, no-one wants to be the one who starts the moaning. They want you to start it and then they can just moan and moan until they get served/the bus comes/someone slaps them. Watch out for it, and don't play any part in their twisted mind games.

So, aside from that, not much to report. One of 'The Temps' (Corinne to give her her real name) had her last day so I thought it would be nice to go for a drink. I just came in and about to cook, then unpack so that I'm no longer living out of bags and boxes like a gypsy.

xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home