Well yes actually, it is all about me.

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas over for another year.

So there we go, Christmas over for another year. Yesterday was a nice day, pretty quiet really. I spent the day with my parents, Nan, sister and her boyfriend. Everyone was happy with the presents I gave and I was with those I received. So no demanding of receipts for me!

Anyway, I haven't written since the day before Christmas Eve so I have a few things to catch up on. On Christmas Eve I had to get Ian to drop me into town because my car was in the garage (it had a bubbly tum and kept having toxic farts, not pleasant) and went to do my last minute Christmas shopping. Broadmead was really quiet and I managed to get all the things I wanted fro other people and rewarded myself by buying myself a nice shirt. You reap what you sow.

I went out on Christmas Eve and was over-served. I don't remember much about the evening other than pouring half a glass of wine into half a pint of Stella and drinking it. So, moving on...

On Friday night, not sure if I mentioned this, but I found someone's phone on the floor outside the chavtastic Lloyds on the Waterfront. I had forgotten all about it until Christmas Eve, so turned it on and wrote the 'home' number down. Then I went to the police station to hand it in but it was closed so I thought the best thing to do would be to call the home number. So I did. No answer so I left a message on the answer machine and later in the day a woman called. It was her daughter's phone and we arranged for her to meet me in town and I would hand the phone over. She turned up about an hour later and said I had restored her faith in people and stuffed a tenner in my hand for my honesty. I'm a firm believer in karma so I'm sure that stint will have done me some good. Not that that's the only reason I handed it in of course...

It's because I know how it feels though to lose things. It's horrible. So many times I've lost my wallet, phone, camera, anything really but most of the time they come back to me. Except the camera, but that's a very miserable story and I don't want to go into it. It's my wallet that suffers the most though. I once left it on a coach to London and had to gt a taxi to follow the coach to the dept, and once I left it on top of a shelf in a bookshop in Toronto and someone took all the money ($80) out of it. Bad karma for them I hope. Oh, and I left it on a train too. Someone found it and called the video shop I have a card for who called my parents and then it was sent in the post to me by the man that found it. Recently though I have been a lot more careful and, touch wood, this will continue.

Anyway, not much else to talk about really. Ian is coming over soon so I need to go and get myself washed, dressed and decent.

So on that note, I'm off.

xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home