Well yes actually, it is all about me.

Thursday, November 08, 2007

She must have opened it and thought I let a chimp at the keyboard.

So, I did the life modelling again the other night and had a run in with one of the people in the class. During the break, I wandered around and looked at people's work and got talking to a woman who asked, 'And are you an artist?' Whern I said, no, that I was working on a novel, she asked what it was about and, when I told her, asked, 'And how old are you?' '24.' 'You're very young to be writing about things like that.'

What a rude thing to say! I said that I didn't think you need to experience something firsthand to have an idea how it feels, and that I've shown my work to many people who are older than me and have had positive feedback. Then I pushed her easel over. Just to amplify how mature I am. I'm joking. In part.

Anyway, other than that, my week has been a bit hit and miss. I don't seem to have been able to get into moving on with my novel as I'm worried sick about not having a job, not knowing how long I'm going to be in Cornwall, when to send my first agent's package out, etc. And so I'm going back to Bristol for the weekend to get some distance from everything. I was thinking about sending out my first package tomorrow, but I think I might be rushing it in order to do so. As happy as I am with the first three/six chapters, I still feel there needs to be more information about the three main characters brought in as soon as possible. We'll see. I'm going to get onto it in a minute.

Oh, a low of the week was realising that I had sent a rough, rough, rough draft of a review to the editor of a website. She must have opened it and thought I let a chimp at the keyboard. Loads of the sentences were underlined by Word as not making sense, and there were several double spaces where they should have been. I'm so embarrassed. I emailed her, but she's not in the office again until Monday, so I'll see what happens then. Horrible.

Anwyay, I'm off to get on with filtering my first three chapters.

xx

1 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Wisdom does sometimes come with age, but it is not a guarentee - as can be seen by that womans insensitive behaviour.

And she'd just seen that which is yours to flash - I mean really.

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home