Well yes actually, it is all about me.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

I bet I'll have dreams of having my head fried in a chip pan tonight.

My washing smells of chips. Why does my washing smell of chips? I haven't eaten chips for about three weeks, there were no chips in the washing machine or the tumble drier as far as I saw. There were no chips in the pockets of jeans I put in, nor were there any in my duvet cover or pillow cases. So why does my washing smell of chips? I bet I'll have dreams of having my head fried in a chip pan tonight. Horrible.

So, other than this hoo-hah, today has been a really productive one. I carried on my re-read, cut loads and am now under 30,000 words again. Boo. Still, quality rather than quality, and it's getting better with each edit.

My keyboard and I had a falling out earlier (pre chip-gate, so you can see I've had a hard day). I don't know I thought a battery operated keyboard would be a good idea. It's not. Sure, you don't have the wires running all over the place, but you do run the risk of it suddenly conking out, mid flow. It's a real game, I tell you! Oh, what a laugh I had running down to Tesco in the teeming rain to get new batteries! Sick.

I've spent most of the evening frowning at the monitor while working on my website, which is now so much better than it was. I was having a real quandary about what to do about my CV and toyed with getting rid of the link all together as it had so much 'irrelevant' information on it. Since the website is mainly for agents and writing jobs I'm going to apply for, a lot of my work history is pretty unhelpful. So I decided to keep only my last employee, then a paragraph saying that since graduating in 2004 I have worked in a variety of temp roles and am now dedicating myself to writing. I'm a lot happier with it, which is good, and also updated work on my non-fiction section. I really thought doing all of this would be really difficult, but it was actually okay. Fiddly, but okay. I won't apply for any web design jobs yet though...

So, that was today. Looking forward to tomorrow. Jen is coming down from London for graduation, and Ryan and maybe a couple of others too, so will go out for a cheeky drink in celebration! Whoopo!

Right, the chippy bed calls.Salt and vinegar?

:(

xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home