Well yes actually, it is all about me.

Monday, November 19, 2007

Other than stinging eyes and married men, things are good.

My eyes sting. I went to bed early last night at about midnight, which is good going for me at the moment, and lay there for ages, tossing and turning. When I checked the time again, it was 2.30. 2.30! Isn't that sick? Two and a half hours pressing my head into the pillow wondering if I should get up and try and do something with the sleepless time or 'lie it out' like some sadistic game of sleeping lions. I chose the latter, getting up today at 8am for novel meeting and feeling as though I'd tried to gouge my own eyes out with a spoon. Not recommended. No, no.

Anyway, novel meeting went well. I took along scenes from Chapter Seven and got in a bit of a flap (again) about my married man character, which is always a nice thing to go through in a Monday morning. Still, the hysteria and wondering if I should 'just change the whole thing around' has passed. For now. I've spent most of this evening working on the scenes I took along and am feeling really good about things once again.

This process could be the death of me, mind. It's so bloody painful. One day I'm feeling so positive about all the work that I've done, and the next I read it and think I should just start again. Recently though, it's been less of the second and much more of the first. Thank God.

So, this is brief, but there you have it. Other than stinging eyes and married men, things are good.

Isn't that always the way?

xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home