Well yes actually, it is all about me.

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

'Why am I in a skirt and why do I have no underwear on?'

Well, once again, I haven't blogged for almost a week. I don't know what's happened to me. But in my defence this is the first day I've been out of the house since Sunday. I had a horrible cough-till-your-back-hurts-and-hack-up-nasty-stuff type of cold which left me bed ridden and only today could I find the strength to rise from my sick bed. But I'm okay now, thank God, and ready to begin my 10,000 words to be handed in in a weeks time. Hurrah! *shudder*

So, as mentioned in my last post, I went to a Burns night in a tartan skirt for an 8 - 9 year old which I picked up for £2.25 in a charity shop. The skirt stayed on for the night, but I ended up losing my underwear under peer pressure and woke up on a settee wondering, 'Why am I in a skirt and why do I have no underwear on?' Frea, David and I then went to campus for a photography class still in our 'kilts' and only one person asked me why I was wearing it, which I thought was pretty good.

I went out on Saturday night for my course leader's birthday which was a good time. We went to the Gylly Cafe which she had hired out and the music was great, old sixties soul and Frea and I danced the night away. When I left though, I felt THE COLD coming on and on Sunday morning paid the price for having gone out. Oh, and the idea of whisky being medicinal, I've learnt, is rubbish. It made me feel even worse.

Dragged my poorly self over to Frea's to watch the Big Brother final on Sunday night and I was pleased that Shilpa won in the end, but maybe it would have been nice if Jermaine had made it instead. He seemed sweet and gentle and it almost seemed as if Shilpa had won because of all the controversy surrounding the programme this year. In some ways I feel sorry for Jade for the way that the media are treating her. Newspapers like The Sun and The News Of The World have suddenly taken a moral high ground and decided to bully her in much the same way as she bullied Shilpa in the house. I don't much like Jade but she's a mum of two kids and the way that she's being lynched, it wouldn't surprise me if something really awful happened to her. But I suppose that's what you get when you put your life in the hands of a television company that has little or no thought as to your well being.

I don't think that I could ever go on something like Big Brother. I've always said that I wouldn't trust how I was being portrayed. The way I see it is that people are really multi layered and throughout any one day we take on different personalities depending on who we are with etc. With Big Brother, the producers want to create characters in the same way as in fiction. Because to have anything other than 2D caricatures would be confusing to the public and then they wouldn’t ring to vote.

Anyway, today I have been emailing places for work experience which is getting a bit scary. One of the magazines that I wanted to go to has folded and another two say they are busy until May of this year. Which is no good because I need to have my industry analysis in on the 20th of April. Gah! But fingers crossed I will hear good news from those I contacted today.

Right, I'm off now to get on with some more work.

xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home