Well yes actually, it is all about me.

Monday, February 05, 2007

DESPITE THERE BEING ABOUT 40 EMPTY SEATS

Ah, what a great weekend! First of all, let me talk about the film that I went to see on Friday - London to Brighton. I had been meaning to see this film since it came out at the end of last year, but kept missing it. So it was a good job the Arts Centre is a little slower in picking things up. It's a story about a prostitute who goes on the run from her pimp with a 12 year old girl and it was just fantastic. I'm not very good at describing things as well as they deserve, but I encourage everyone to go and see it. But it's very intense and my heart was in my mouth from the beginning till the end. Great film. The only bad thing, completely removed from the actual film, was the fact that some loon decided that DESPITE THERE BEING ABOUT 40 EMPTY SEATS he would sit right next to me. I moved in protest. I hate when people do that. It's so annoying.

Also, on the subjecy of this film, my cousin worked on the make-up. She told me that she hasn't been paid because the film hasn't done very well. Obviously, she was aware of this arrangement before she started the job, but it's so frustrating that a film as high quality and as gripping as London to Brighton hasn't done well. What annoys me about this is the fact that despite the film being completely shocking and upsetting, it didn't get any of the publicity that films such as Hard Candy and Hostel did; these films are based entirely on shock value and don't warrant the hype they receive. I think it's kind of a shame that we don't back British films with the vigour we do their American counterparts. Right, rant over...

Anyway, so I came home after the cinema and read my book for a bit, then met Joe on Saturday to find a gift for Oz, Frea's nine year old son whose birthday part we were headed to. We went halves on a Gameboy game for him which he loved and gave us both a hug for, which was sweet.

His party was fantastic! There were about seven kids and five adults and we all played pass the parcel, musical chairs and, for the closer, pinata. It was so much fun and jut took me back to when I would have parties like that. We even all got a party bag at the end! Fantastic!

Anyway, then I stayed round with Frea and Andy and we drank and watced some TV before going out for Sunday lunch with David and his brother on Sunday. A really nice weekend and I managed to get 5000 words of my novel done which I'm pleased with. Still leaves me with 5000 to do tonight, but that's all okay.

Anyway, I'm heading home now to carry on with that and will write more tomorrow.

xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home