Well yes actually, it is all about me.

Friday, February 09, 2007

Go and tell someone else before I poke you in the eye with a stick.

Ah, today is the first day I have been able to sit down properly and plot my novel. And it feels good for having everything loosely in place. I'm really excited about getting it started properly and now need to decide on chapters and chapter length. I think since a standard novel is about 260-300 pages, I will have about 15-20 chapters, so the next thing I need to do is break all the action into chapters and go from there.

The only difficulty I am having at the moment though is deciding how it should be written. I might have mentioned this before, but I think I want the main character to be written in first person and the other characters in third person. I think it's going to be a process of trial and error.

Anyway, aside from the novel, today has been pretty good; I found out why I have been frozen to near death in my room: the fucking window doesn't close properly. So I get a silent but deadly draft through my room making my fingers freeze and my will to live slip out of the door. So I did what anyone would do and jammed a towel into the sides of the window and hoped for the best.

As I was leaving to come up to campus my housemate came home and started telling me about a really bizarre dream she'd been having last night. Now, I know I'm not the most tolerant of people, but hearing people's dreams makes me want to run a cheese grater up my face. I HATE IT. It's the detail that people go into: 'I was running down a long purple, no, red corridor and this dragon, no, snake was running after me and I jumped through a hole in the floor and saw a massive duck.' Ugh, I hate it. It's so annoying and long winded and there's nothing you can say other than, 'Oh, I wonder what that means,' while grinning inanely. I would rate dream dictation as one of my top three annoying things that people do, close to those people who ask, 'Are you in the queue?' when you blatantly are. So, if you had a dream last night, go and tell someone else before I poke you in the eye with a stick. I DON'T WANT TO KNOW.

So, there we go, best to get that off my chest as soon as possible. I can't believe that it's six already. I don't know where the time is going. Ridiculous.

Have a nice weekend ahead. Going out for Ryan's birthday tonight and working on novel and a feature about morals and the lack of them tomorrow and then my friend, Perham is arriving on Sunday which should be good.

Anyway, I'm off for the time being and will write again tomorrow.

Oh, looking over what I've just written, I've realised I keep typing 'anwyay' instead of 'anyway.' I wonder what that can mean.

xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home