Well yes actually, it is all about me.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

:)

Panic on...panic off.

The memory stick has been retrieved. Thank God. I was on the phone to Jenny on Monday afternoon after I'd given up looking and resigned myself to the fact that it was gone. Anyway, while I was talking to her, she said: 'Have you looked everywhere? Just then, I picked up a newspaper on my desk and there was the memory stick. Hurrah! I was so happy. And still am. I still don't know how it got where it was though because it was under so much stuff that is only ever moved as a stack; you know, that pile of stuff that 'needs to be sorted out soon' and never is.

Anyway the lesson learnt is: make back-ups. Oh, and the staff in The Famous Barrel don't know what a memory stick is if you think you've lost one in there and will probably think you're a witch doctor.

Moving on...yesterday was a really productive day in that I managed to cut my first chapter down from twenty eight pages to seventeen, which was pretty good really I think. Then tidied up and cleaned the house and had friends round to eat in the evening. Lovely.

And today looks to be equally productive. I'm going to the gym in a minute, then home for lunch and then work for a few hours. Oh! And I need to pack because I'm going to Bristol for a week tomorrow. Hurrah! I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone when I get back and I'm not taking my computer with me, only some books and print-outs of my drafts so I can get some work done but won't be tied to a monitor.

Whoopo!

Right, the gym calls...

xx

1 Comments:

Blogger emapple said...

Glad you found your memory stick - have a lovely trouble free time in Bristol.
xx

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home