Well yes actually, it is all about me.

Thursday, March 29, 2007

'Nope, had enough, go out and play in the hail instead.'

Ugh, what happened to the sun? That slutty little tease. One minute it's all, 'Here I am, feel my warmth, mmmm,' and then the next: 'Nope, had enough, go out and play in the hail instead.'

Well, Mr/Mrs Sunshine, aren't you a temperamental little beast, and, at the moment, top of my hitlist.

So, today I woke up nice and early to get my hair cut. All very well and good. The sun was shining as I slid out of bed and got in the shower (via the stairs). And the sun was still shining when I came back downstairs and got dressed. Oh, lovely, I thought, I can have a wander around the town after the hairdressers, maybe sit outside with my book and a cup of tea, maybe have a walk on the beach before coming home and getting on with work.

All set for the day ahead, I opened the front door and the sun was nowhere to be seen. Gone; or at least hiding very elaborately. Not nice. Oh, and there was a dead rat in the row which just added to the whole bleak feeling.

Anyway, had my haircut and happy with that. While I was there about three or four old(ish) women came in saying, 'Oh it's miserable out there,' and each time one of the hairdressers would say, 'Oh I know, and it's been so nice all week.' Painful.

One of the women to the side of me was getting a full report of her hairdresser's life which, if all's to be believed, has been full of injustices of late while another, having just had a perm, was in a quandry about what to do about the rain. It was all very dramatic.

So after that I had a nice-but-would-have-been-nicer-not-in-the-wet-and-wind-and-hail wander around town. I went to the little grocers that I like and bought some guilt free vegetables (as in I was guilt free not shopping at Asda. The veg themselves may well have been wracked with guilt. I do not know.) and then went to some charity shops to look at books and belts. And only in that order, never belts and books.

One of the charity shops was just amazing. Not because of the stock, but because of the conversation. While I was there I heard this:

Woman one: I'm just going out to get some coffee
Woman two: We've got coffee
Woman one: But it's decaf. I don't like decaf.
Woman two: Oh. I need caffeine! (Laughs and leaves)
Woman two: I didn't think about that. I thought it would be the other way round.
Woman three: Me too.
Woman two: Do you like coffee?
Woman three: No, do you?
Woman two: No.
Woman three: Janine loves coffee.
Woman two: Who?
Woman two: Janine, red Janine, comes in on a Saturday.
Woman three: Oh yes, I know. How is she feeling?
Woman two: A lot better.
Woman two: Oh, that's good.

I just wanted to ask, 'Why is she red Janine?' Not red haired Janine, just red Janine. I wonder if her redness was anything to do with her illness. Or her coffee intake. Oh, so many questions....and probably no answers in regards to that little riddle.

Anyway, last night I managed to get a lot of my Industry Analysis done. In fact I've written the word count and just need to speak to some people to get some quotes in so am going to start ringing people tomorrow and then cut down what I've already done. I know that sounds like a bassackwards way of doing things but I've learnt it's easier to approach get information out of people if you know what you want them to say. Since I've written the body of the text, I can just ask their opinion and then fill in the blanks. Perfect!

On another note, I started watching a film last night called The Death Of Mr Lazerescu. I'd wanted to see it for ages but missed it at the cinema and so took the DVD out of the library. I couldn’t get into it at all but stuck with it for about an hour before giving in and fast forwarding it and getting eye strain reading the speedy subtitles. Still didn’t get to the end since it was about 1.30am by that point.

Anyway, I think that's the lot for today. Now going to go to the gym, then home to get cracking with the plan for Chapter Three.

xx

1 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Maybe she was like Red Sonja?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M2nJYGNXPg

Jx

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home