Well yes actually, it is all about me.

Thursday, January 04, 2007

'Oh, I'll just pass you over to my friend who can see.'

Oh my God, this has to be the best thing I heard today at work. I answered the phone and this man said - 'Oh, I'll just pass you over to my friend who can see.'

How bizarre is that? We then had a really awkward three way conversation with the person I was speaking to acting as the Whoopi Goldberg in Ghost. Not easy.

Anyway, today I also had a phone call for a colleague of mine from a Mr A (not his real name, but let's call him that for privacy). My colleague was busy so we ended up talking. For 20 minutes. He was really nice and I told him I was studying an MA in Professional Writing. He was really animated, telling me about how he always writes into The Times and sometimes gets a letter back. He kept saying, 'Oh, I shouldn't keep you.'

That really upset me. It was as if he felt he was wasting my time. But as much as that upset me, the fact he wanted to talk for so long was a bit sad too. I wondered if I was the only person he had spoken too for any length all day. Maybe I am being overly sensitive, I don't know.

So, other than that I have little to talk about. I had my THIRD last day at work since leaving once in September and again in December. Madness. Still, you have to milk those goodbyes right?

So, that being that. Good night. I'm off to bed to read my book.

xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home