Well yes actually, it is all about me.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

'Take a photo, it'll last longer.'

So, 2007 is here. I'm very optimistic about the forthcoming year and very excited to see where I will be and what I will be doing in another years time. I think 2007 is going to be a year in which I finally get some directionas to what I want to do career-wise. I mean the course I’m doing is already doing that, but I think by the end of the year I’ll have a clearer focus of what I want to do. I'm very excited about it all.

Just finished my MA proposal but went over the word count by about 500 words. Might have a cut down on it tomorrow, but for now I'm too tired to try.

Today I went with my parents and Nan X to meet my relatives in Hungerford. We went to this hotel called The Bear which was very stylish and modern. (Read - the prices were extortionate and the food was minimal. But very tasty.) The only thing with places like that are the vile hard-faced monsters that they attract. I'm referring mainly to a hideous family (parents and po-faced daughter of about 30) who looked each one of us up and down with disdain whenever we moved. When they left, the man was rubber-necking as he went out of the door as if we were all sat chanting the C word. Honestly, I just felt like saying, 'Take a photo, it'll last longer.' He was such an eyesore too, one of those people who looks as if they always have a bad smell under their nose (and a copy of the Daily Mail under their arm). He had one of those faces that you just want to slap. If Cliff Richard had been there with that man and you'd said I could slap either with a wet fish, I would actually have had to think about it. And that's saying something if you know of my utter intolerance (I can't write the word hate, it seems a bit much) for Cliff Richard, you'll understand I don't say things like that lightly.

Anyway, a nice lunch all in all and then home to do some work. I actually feel a lot more on top of things now, certainly the pieces I have to hand in for assessment. The pieces I haven't done yet are non-assessed practice pieces so that's not so bad.

Right, it's 1.30am and I need to be up at 7.30am so off to bed with me.

Oh, but watch this. It's just bizarre. Why do people bother doing things like that? If you can't see it, it's three oriental girls lip synching to an S Club 7 song. Badly. One looks really into it, one looks really out of it and the other looks like she doesn't know what's going on. As if the world needs to see that.




xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home