Well yes actually, it is all about me.

Sunday, December 30, 2007

It was so dull that I thought I would slump out of my seat, under the table and die.

So, that's Christmas over with for another year. And it was a good one. If we overlook the virus that woke me up three times in the night and kept me in bed for most of Christmas Eve. Everyone I know seems to have been ill at some point of this festive season. Where's the fun in that? There's no 'ill' in festive. Anyway, feeling a lot better now, thank God. I couldn't have felt much worse.

Yesterday, Ian and I went to see Avenue Q in the Noel Coward theatre in London and it was so much fun. I was laughing so hard at one point that I had tears rolling down my face. Aside from Ian, it was only me laughing so much, so perhaps the joke was a personal one. I don't know. Anyway, the show is kind of like a live action 'adult' (not Jim Davidson in Sinderella adult) Sesame Street that's very, very witty. Plus, it has a Miss Piggy style character called Lucy The Slut. What's better than that?

Oh, and I'm now employed (temporarily at least). I think I was in the right place at the right time on Friday. I went into the centre with James, shopping, and thought it would be a good idea to pop into the job agencies that I had previously been registered with to see if I was still on their books. I went into one, let's call them P, and they said that yes I was still on their books and was I free for a job on Monday for a couple of weeks. How good is that? Admittedly, the job isn't a great career move, but the money is good and that's what I need at the moment. I'm even looking forward to starting tomorrow, though slightly anxious about the stipulation for 'hair to be professionally groomed.' What does that even mean? Should I hire someone? How long should I style for? I don't know, but I'm guessing back-combing and talc are out of the question. Or maybe I should risk it. I'm undecided.

Anyway, in the job agency, I had to redo the tests that I have sat there before (hence redoing them). There are three. One is a data entry one, typing in the information that a robot lady gives you, one is spelling (cities, the hardest being Edinburgh) and the third was a 'information retention test' which involved listening to aforementioned robot lady talking about iron gates. It was so dull that I thought I would slump out of my seat, under the table and die. However, I didn't, and passed all the tests. Hurrah! If I had got 23% like in my psychosymetric test, I don't know what I would have done. Screamed, probably, and maybe never stopped. Oh, and just in case I thought I was still in Cornwall in the summer, the recruitment agent told me 'there's no beach wear in the office.' Glad we cleared that up before tomorrow.

Right, so, that's it so far.

xx

1 Comments:

Blogger beyceyar said...

good morning/afternoon/evening,

i saw 'avenue q' last year and still can't quite get the sex scene out of my head.

good luck with the job, happy new year...

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home