Well yes actually, it is all about me.

Monday, January 15, 2007

I don't know if this is a good thing or not.

Whooo! This is my 50th posting! How exciting!/?

So, to celebrate this momentus occasion I have done...nothing. I went to campus this morning to meet Jenny and finish off some promotions work that we had been ignoring over Christmas and we got a lot done, so that's good. Finished pretty much everything on my website which I am now really happy on and just came to the library after a few drinks in the bar. What a great day.

Last night I went to an open mic night with a couple of friends which was a nice way to say goodbye to the weekend. There was this girl on the 'dancefloor', which was just an area not taken up by tables, and she was dancing on her own for most of the night. I thought that was great. I've always thought that I was kind of free-spirited and un-seflf conscious, but I couyld never be dancing on my own in a place where everyone was looking at me. It's funny, I think, how we think we are a certain way but when we see others we realise that we're not always the way we think. Hmm, does that make sense? I mean that what we want to be, and what we actually are, are two very different things. Obviously.

I remember reading about this in a theory about 'self' and that we all have an ideal self, actual self and perceived self and they can never be the same. So, the person we think we are, the person we want to be, and the person we are seen as being are rarely, if ever, the same. I don't know if this is a good thing or not. I don't think it can be as it suggests that we are never fulfilled. I don't know. I'm going home now and will write more about this tomorrow.

xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home