Well yes actually, it is all about me.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

It's all getting very exciting.

Today we had our first tutorial in setting up our personal websites in order to promote ourselves. This was a really interesting and exciting thing to see and I can't wait to get it started. It will be a lot of work to make it something that will be of use and looks of a professional standard but I can't wait to get going on it. Once I have finished all the other things that are looming over me, of course. The main threat to my sleep at the moment is reading the entirety of Wuthering Heights by Thursday. I'm kind of sure I can do it but the thought fills me with dread. I have picked it up a couple of times but I just can't get into it. Ah well, maybe having the pressure on will work and I will speed through it like a cartoon swot. Or I will end up feeling like my eyes are going to fall out of my head, onto the page and out of the room. I will let you know what happens. In all honesty though, I think the latter is fairly rare. In Penryn at least.

Oh, today I read out my piece on one night stands. For some reason I get very nervous when I read out in class which is bizarre because I have no difficulty just speaking out. I think having the paper in my hands just puts pressure on and I feel as if I am going to run out of breath. All very strange. But I had good feedback so that was beneficial. One guy asked me, 'Is that what you really believe?' And I have to say that I don't know. To be honest, I just liked the title and so went from there. But I do believe now that a one night stand isn't the best of ideas, certainly not with a stranger. I suppose it depends on why the person is having the experience. If it is just for sex then it seems like a bad idea, but then it also seems a bad idea if it is with the hope of going into a relationship as too uch has happened too quickly. I don't know, if I were asked the same question a few years ago my response would have been very different. But now, I feel quite different. I think if you know why you are doing what you're doing and you're honest with yourself about it, then it's all OK. But if you have a one night stand hoping for something to come (no pun intended) after it then you are setting yourself up for a fall. Anyway, that's my thought for the day and on that note, I will head off and tackle my assignment for tomorrow.

xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home