Well yes actually, it is all about me.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

I have a problem.

I have a problem with the library. Not because of its limited opening hours or the fact that anything I try to take out is already on loan. I can even handle the fact that it's closed on a Sunday. The problem I have is with the people that sit either side of me as I type. The rest of the room is silent except the sound of keyboards being operated but on one side of me some girl is pushing the irritating scale to such a limit that I'm surprised it even works anymore. The only reason I know it does is because the girl on the other side is only a couple of points behind her. Let's start with girl A on my (let me get this right) left hand side. Since I have been here all she's done is ask her friend if what she is doing is right. Here is a brief illustration of the conversation this far:

Girl A: What did you do for that script thing we had to do?

Friend: I wrote about someone coming home from their Mum's funeral.

Girl A: Oh did you. That sounds good. What should I write about?

Friend: (Sounding slightly irritated and trying to do work while being pestered). Well it's up to you. What do you want to write about?

Girl A: Why aren't you helping me? You're being really mean!

Friend: Just think what you want to do and do it. I'm not being mean.

Girl A writes for about thirty seconds before turning around and seeing her friend searching for pictures on Google. I'm not sure what she sees because my neck can't strain too far before looking a bit invasive.

Girl A: I went to a fancy dress party the other week.

Friend doesn't answer.

Girl A: Oh you don't even care! At this point I have to stop because it's pissing me off just to think about it.

This girl is so annoying you want to just scream at her: JUST DO YOUR WORK AND LEAVE YOUR FRIEND ALONE YOU SELF OBSESSED MORON. God, she's awful. She left a minute ago and still hadn't done what she needed to. I bet she ends up printing off a copy of her friends work.

So, the other side - on my right hand side is another girl who is equally obnoxious. This one though has been sat looking on MySpace for the last hour asking her male friend next to her what she should answer in some quiz that someone has sent her. Because obviously he would know more about her favourite films, books, music than she does. This excruciating experience is cut short when MySpace wipes her whole profile off. It's all I have not to laugh out loud. She actually falls with her head on the table and stays like that for a few minutes before her friend asks 'oh what's wrong?' She then tells him how her entire profile has been deleted with the tone and body language of someone who has lost their entire family in a disaster with phrases like, 'This is the worst thing EVER' and, 'Why did this happen to me?' Gah. Anyway, he runs through what she needs to do and she asks inane questions all the way through as if she has never seen a computer before, flirting in that annoying pathetic way. It's not long though before all is back as it should be and she is filling out a questionnaire on one of her lucky friends berating herself for not knowing this persons favourite smell, frog type or tree shape. The library, I have found, is a place to meet people who make you question hope for humanity.

xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home