Well yes actually, it is all about me.

Friday, October 27, 2006

The slow kid.

I feel like the slow kid from school; the one who never really caught up with the rest of the class. The reason being, to my knowledge, I am the last in my peers to start my blogging. So I have a lot to catch up with but, as my PE teacher used to say, it's not the winning or the losing but the taking part.

To be honest though, that's harldy true is it? That's just the advice you give to the person who was picked last in PE, before the boy who ran like an ironing board. And, yes, I know how that feels. I was always the last person to be picked in PE. In fact, to be precise, I wasn't even picked but instead allocated to a team. I was about as welcome as a bad case of scabies. I was never very good at PE and at one point someone actually asked the teacher if they could swap me with a wet melon because that would be of more use. Not nice. But to be fair, probably fair enough. In PE I was no use at all. I'd run away from the ball in PE, miss the ball in whatever rounders for boys is called and point blank refuse to move in rugby. I dreaded every Wednesday and Friday afternoon and would often pretend to forget my kit which meant I was allowed to miss the lesson. Unless we had the other teacher. In which case I would have to wear something from the lost property box which consisted of filthy shorts and rigid with stale sweat shirts. So not only was I useless at the sport but I also smelt like a walking corpse.

Once, I sprained my wrist falling out of a tree so I had a small bandage which I kept beyond my wrist having healed. I was quite a wise kid at school, so every so often I would don this bandage which got filthier and filthier as the year went on. If you had physical proof that you were unable to take part in PE then they would allow you to sit it out. So, in year nine straight after English I would put on this grubby bandage and tell the teacher I couldn't take part. I thought this was a pretty good idea until I was caught out and confronted by another pupil who said, 'You didn't have that on in English.' I was busted. I won't forget that day.

Anyway, let's talk about the present and not the past. How has my day been today? Well, I haven't had to wear either a scabby bandage or pair of second hand skidmarked shorts, so that's good. However, I have had to do battle with Itunes on my computer which nearly killed me. I have loads of work to do for the weekend but earlier today I went to Itunes and saw that all my music was gone. It was horrible. Anyway, I had to put ot all back on from my external hard drive. It was all very painful and I kept telling myself that I would stop after ten minutes but I ended up doing the whole lot and not doing any work. During this horrific episode of my life I made the mistake of drinking about 6 cups of coffee which led me to feel as if I had been wired to a pylon. I was buzzing, which meant I was worried sick about not having done any work. I panicked, realised I needed some air and power walked to campus.

Since I dont have the internet at home at the moment I am only able to check emails etc here on campus and today I had lots of emails from my friends from my old job. It was great to hear from them and so I spent time emailing back before some man on a power trip came storming into the room declaring that the library was going to close in 5 minutes so we all should save our work and move away. 5 minutes felt kind of short notice but I didn't want to kick up a stink so I left quietly. Inside, however, I was seething.

Right, one of my hands feels like its going to give way so I will call it a day for now but start again tomorrow sometime.

xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home