Well yes actually, it is all about me.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

It's a game of chance. Russian roulette.

So, it's been a while and I feel wracked with guilt. That sounds sarcastic, but it's actually the truth. There are a couple of reasons for my blogging absence, mainly that I have been staying at Ian's where I'm in a black hole when it comes to internet access. It's like being back in 1994. But without a homework diary or tipp-exed pencil tin.

Right, since my last posting I've been tackling my novel with (very) mixed results. At some points I wanted to just scrap the whole of what I'd written so far. I compromised and got rid of half. Ugh. I'm now working on a scene by scene plot breakdown because I've come to realise I'm the kind of person that needs to have a clear idea of what's happening next. So that's good. A decision has been made.

Aside from the novel, I've been job-hunting and working in the temp position I've been in since December. All okay and now working on a new campaign with a few of the hardcore crew I started with at the beginning. Better the devil(s) you know.

I'm looking forward to this weekend. My friend, Jo, is back from Canada and I'm catching up with her and some other friends in London. The big smoke, if you will. Should be good. I'm actually looking forward just to the coach journey. I bought a few good books the other week and so quite excited to have an excuse just to sit there and read for a couple of hours. I was moaning to Shakira at work the other day that I don't seem to have any time to myself at the moment. It will be nice to have some solitude forced upon me. Saying that, I'll probably end up on the coach beside someone whose legs are akimbo for the entire journey and I'll be putting most of my attentions simply into staying on the seat. Ah, public transport. It's a game of chance. Russian roulette.

xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home