Well yes actually, it is all about me.

Monday, January 14, 2008

The scary thing is, though, that I don't know where my novel is going next in terms of plot.

Good God, was it really the first of January when I last posted on this blog? That's ridiculous. Anyway, tonight I came back from work and finished off a job application I started working on last night. Fingers crossed I get asked to interview. It sounds like a good place to work and the job sounds interesting, so we'll see.

Aside from that, today has been pretty non-eventful. I'm in the temp job for another week, this time ringing people up and letting them know there is money available for them to claim from dividends. It's certainly nicer than the last campaign

I got back home tonight and realised just how hard it's going to be to carry on working on my novel while managing full time work. But, as I read on a horrible poster in the office today, 'To get what you never had, you must do what you have never done.' Good advice. I just can't believe that I have been so busy, what with work and seeing friends etc. I guess I just need to get my time better organised. I think once I start working regular hours, I will be able to get into a new routine and that will help matters. At the moment I feel as though I'm just bouncing from place to place and not really getting much done at all. Still, like I said, it's down to me to sort myself out.

The scary thing is, though, that I don't know where my novel is going next in terms of plot. That's not a good feeling. I kind of feel as though I've got to the end of the first third of the story and am about to tackle the difficult middle. I'm sure it will be fine and I need to just take a deep breath and get on with it. Once this temp job is over, I think I'm going to take two weeks to focus just on plot of the next chunk of story and decide whether or not to keep certain parts of the narrative. The main concerns at the moment are the coma and Daniel and Robin's jobs. I feel as if there needs to be more tension that could come for the jobs they have, but I'm rambling. I don't know. Gah.

xx

1 Comments:

Blogger David M N Bate said...

Hope you are having/have had a good birth day. Good luck with job application and novel.

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home