Well yes actually, it is all about me.

Friday, April 27, 2007

I'm going to decipher my spider handwriting.

After nearly a week of feeling so stuck with my novel idea and wondering if I should just forget the whole thing, I finally got myself into the feel of things today and began making a character factfile for one of my protagonists.

I'd always dismissed things like that as being a waste of time, seeing the vast amounts of information that probably wouldn't be used as pointless. But now I've changed my mind. I think it's important to think about all these different things to create a character that's believeable and likeable. So have just listed 131 things about my main character from his breakfast to what book's on his bedside table. Some of it will be used, some of it will just stay in the back of my mind but will be good to think about from time to time.

I feel so much better today than I did even yesterday. I feel like I've been walking around with a frown on my face for ages now and am so glad that things are looking up a bit. And now I feel that I'm developing my characters more and more, I'm looking forward to getting on with the writing. I have the plot in mind, but without knowing the character's who are involved it all seemed a bit futile.

Right, now I'm going to decipher my spider handwriting and type up these 131 characteristics.

Hurrah!

xx

4 Comments:

Blogger Jacqui said...

Sounds like you've had a productive day. I've had a productive day too, and edited loads of pieces for work for non fiction. Gotta be good.
Definately want to keep in touch, have met wonderful friends on the course.
I will email you in a bit to check I've got the right address.

4:26 PM  
Blogger miss-cellany said...

Hurrah!

Glad the characters are coming into focus. Looking forward to reading it as it develops.

Mr character man is quite a cutie...

x

10:02 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Well done Hammy

So you have spider hand writing, does this mean you have spider hands?

Bluerggghhh

11:44 AM  
Blogger emapple said...

Really great you've managed to make progress. I'm stagnating with my novel and most of my other work at the moment.

Be good to meet up in the week.
xx

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home