Well yes actually, it is all about me.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

'When I was teaching lions.'

Just now I was sat with some friends in the bar when one started a conversation with, 'When I was teaching lions..' before corecting herself to, 'When I used to teach, I used to make the kids play sleeping lions.' The original statement was funnier in my opinion but the story that she told anyway was pretty good. Frea used to teach Drama and one of the things they used to do if they didn't have enough material to fill a lesson was to ask the kids to play sleeping lions. Those who aren't familiar with this game: it's just lying on the floor like coma victims for as long as possible. The best runs one of the other teachers had was 50 minutes. Which is pretty good going if you ask me. She also said that sometimes kids would move because they were bored but she'd pretend not to see or say, 'You can still win anyway.'

Anyway, enough of those wretched lions. Today was a good day. I worked on my idea for the novel in the morning which is going very well. Then I headed onto campus to work on my website. Part of my assessment relies on building a website which works as a portfolio of my work, one section also is my CV so I started that today. I love InDesign. I think it's one of the best things I have ever been in contact with. After chicken liver pate anyway. So, I managed to get a nice and professional feel to the layout. The only thing missing was any text! I really don't know what to put on this CV because it is meant to advertise me as a writer, but all the employment I have been in before is completely unrelated to writing. So I am going to see my course leader tomorrow to see what I need to do. What I was thinking was speaking more about my aims than my accomplishments and saying why work should be offered to me. I think if I have a body of work linked from there then that should work well. We shall see.

So, other than that, nothing really to report. I'm heading home in a minute to have some dinner and wine before setting on my idea again. I'm looking forward to it. When I think of sitting at my desk, I feel really happy. That sounds really cheesy, I know, but I am just so happy to be dedicating so much of my time to writing. If there was one thing I wanted to get out of this year, it was to be writing every single day. I heard that in order to get yourself into a new routine you need to do whatever it is you want to make a new habit, for 3 weeks. So that's a good sign since I have now been here for about 6 weeks. Hurrah!

So on that note....Actually, I forgot. Last night when I was walking back home some vile kids stopped me. They were about 10 or so. One of them said, 'Are you gay?' so I replied with, 'Yes' and they couldn't believe it. They were asking, 'Really, swear to God.' It's just like, who cares? I'm sure God isn't too bothered. I expect he has enough on his hands.

So there we go.

xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home